We’ll help you solve your “people problems.”
As you manage and expand your team, we can help you stay on top of the numerous legal considerations around labor and employment. Our attorneys make it a point to account for your goals so that we can help your business through any growing pains that accompany adding to your workforce.
We’ve worked with many industries including health care institutions; schools, whether public, private, or for profit; manufacturers; financial institutions; construction companies; government agencies; and telecommunications. The common characteristic among our clients is a need to effectively manage and maximize the Human Resources capital of their companies—we are fully prepared to provide all relevant services in this capacity.
We provide a complete range of labor and employment legal services, regularly offering counsel in areas such as:
- Affirmative action requirements, including development of action plans at all levels and responses to Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), and state and local compliance audits.
- Compliance with Titles I (employment), II (state and local government), and III (public accommodation and commercial facilities) of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar laws.
- Collective bargaining negotiations, both public and private sector, and grievance arbitrations under those agreements.
- Defense of class and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the ADA, Title VII, and other employment statutes.
- Employment agreements, including noncompete, trade secret, and confidentiality agreements and litigation.
- Employment discrimination litigation in federal, state, and municipal courts, and investigations into allegations of discrimination and harassment based on age, sex, race, and other considerations.
- ERISA, retirement and employee benefits counseling, plan design, and litigation.
- Executive and employee compensation.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration law, visa and permanent residence acquisition, and matters related to the global workforce.
- Labor and employment law audits, including analyses of hiring and termination practices, employment applications, employee handbooks, and policy and procedure manuals.
- **Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)**compliance and related workplace safety matters.
- Recordkeeping requirements and confidentiality issues.
- Reorganization, restructuring, and reductions in force counseling, including Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act compliance.
- Training programs for managers and supervisors, in areas such as union organizing, harassment, employee evaluations, and discipline.
- Union avoidance and representation before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), including union election campaigns, decertification proceedings, and unfair labor practice complaints.
- Wage and salary administration, including representation and counsel regarding FLSA and state wage-hour compliance.
- Workers compensation and unemployment compensation
- Wrongful discharge, breach of employment contract, and other employee termination-related litigation.